Thursday, November 1, 2007

Here's What I'm Working On...




















Here's a little sneak peek at something I'm trying to finish up this week.

I'm calling it VINEYARD BOUQUET. I wanted to get back to doing some blackwork again, but do it on 18 ct. canvas this time. I've used a variegated thread (of course) in a autumnal colorway, with burgundy, green and gold accents.

I'm planning to include a few other color choices: a chardonnay version (golds) and a zinfandel version (pinks), because this design would definitely look great in other color combinations. And although I wanted to work on the "old" brown canvas to give it a vintage look, it can also be stitched up on sandstone or eggshell canvas, for a brighter, sunnier look. There are places for beads, too - especially for the grapes....I just don't know how many to add - that'll come at the very end, after all the stitching is done.

And I'm especially pleased with the borders on this one! The rippling ribbon effect is soooo easy and fun to stitch....And the satin ribbon accents that "wrap" the green outer border add a subtle sheen to the plain outer border, making it look rather elegant, plus give it a little extra dimension. And speaking of dimensions, the overall size of this piece is 10.5" x 10.5" on 18 ct. mono canvas.

I'm really lovin' the look of this design, thus far! So I think I'll get back to work on it....Later, Stitchers!!

3 comments:

tintocktap said...

Wow, Laura - I love the look of this design, the colours and the mix of blackwork and other stitches. Look forward to seeing more of it!

Joy Burkhart said...

This is gorgeous. I've been going thru some of your blog, checking out all the beautiful stitching! I'll be back off and on - want to make some of these as ornaments for next Christmas (2012)! Great work!
xoxo
Joy @ http://christmasspiritallyearlong.blogspot.com

zenuwpees said...

Magnifique j'aime bien Marie-Claire