Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pssst....

If you've been wondering what I've been stitching on this month, I'll tell you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone: I've been busy marathon stitching on two projects I'm planning to submit as proposals for the 2010 EGA Seminar in San Francisco, which has a theme of "stitching on the Barbary Coast."

I've been thinking about this theme for many months now, and finally got down to stitching. I've spent the whole month of January working on two TOP SECRET projects that I hope will be accepted for the big 2010 event.

I finally finished both stitchery projects last week - WOO HOO, HOORAY FOR ME!!!

The only thing I'm going to show you is the color palette I used for both projects:


I decided to settle on this particular palette of reds, greens, golds and browns because it seemed so evocative of that opulent Victorian-era style that must have been so prevalent in circa-1850 Barbary Coast San Francisco....

But that's all you get to see. The finished projects are hidden in my studio, not to be revealed until 2010.... and my lips are sealed.

8 comments:

Front Range Stitcher said...

Hmmm. Vee have vays to make you tell. Okay, I promise I won't tell a soul. Just a glimpse? A hint?

Anonymous said...

The word "tease" comes to mind.... :)
Jocelyn

geeky Heather said...

Ooooo...pretty....

Coni said...

Look deeeply into my eyes. You're getting sleeeeepy. Very sleeeeepy.

QUICK, girls! Grab the stitching and let's make a run for it!

Oh, Ms. Laura J. Perin, you ARE a stitchy tease! Now I'll have to come to SanFran in 2010 just to see what you're up to!

SueB said...

Oooh, Laura, what yummy colors you have!

Lisa said...

The color pallet is similar to the design on the header of your blog...mmmm....

Cyn said...

Hi Laura,

Love the colors!

More hints? Please???

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Glenda said...

Those colours are amazing!