Monday, February 22, 2010

How Much is that Doggie in the Sampler?


The one that I showed you last week in my Hollyhock House sampler?

The one with the spots? ... She's not for sale.

That's KATIE, my part-Wire Haired German Pointer mixed with (I'm guessing here) a little bit of obsessive (in a nice way) Border Collie.

It occurred to me this weekend that all you dog-loving stitchers out there might like to have the graph I used to add Katie to my sampler. I fiddled around with her shape to get the right coloring in a very small area, but you can certainly adapt the design to suit your dog's size and coloring. Here it is for you to copy and use, if you'd like to add your dog to any sampler you're working on:


ANYWAY....my Katie Lou is a rescued dog, from 'way up in Northern California's Lake County, where (I suspect) she was a rejected hunting dog that was abused my some male (she's wary of all males, especially ones carrying sticks, unbrellas, skateboards, anything long and pointy) and she's terrified of loud noises (like fireworks, backfiring cars, anything remotely sounding like gunshots.)

Katie may have started her life as somebody's throwaway trash....but now she's my TREASURE - a smart, sensitive, priceless companion and I'm so grateful to have her in my life!

13 comments:

LivnLaf said...

She's beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your little treasure. :-)

Ruth said...

She's a doll... and very lucky to be a stitching dog now. :) Thank you for sharing her.

Edy said...

How sweet!

joann in tx said...

your katie is a gorgeous girl!
my max was a pound puppy and my lucy, her mama was a stray. lucy was one of 7 pups.

about my only donations anymore are to the local animal shelters!

Casey said...

Your rescue puppy is BEAUTIFUL! I have a wonderful rescue dog too that was also someone's trash. She was so scared of us at first that all did was crawl to us when we called her and refused to eat any treats. But now she is a spoiled, beautiful, happy dog that I cannot imagine living without. I posted some pictures of her on my blog www.theyoungneedlepointer.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Such a cute dog! You do such beautiful work.

elaine said...

She is lucky to have you in her life.

elaine said...

She is lucky to have you in her life. She is a cutey!

Anonymous said...

She sure is a kepper, I think you're both Lucky.
Beaj..:)

Rachel said...

She's a gorgeous dog!

But it only goes to show there's a limit to the number of names for designs that "work" - I created a cross stitch design once that I called "Hollyhock House"!

Becky said...

Katie is adorable! Thank you for welcoming a rescue dog into your heart. And thanks for the graph.

"JeanneG" said...

She's beautiful. I wish people would realize that pets are not disposable, they are family. But then you wouldn't have gotten her.

site said...

I think everybody should glance at this.