Monday, December 20, 2010

I Need a Little Christmas

It's time to bring out the unfinished projects from Christmases past.... And here are the ones I pulled out this year:


This is my EASY PEASY piece -- a big ol' holiday stocking that I'm gonna stitch as a banner instead. It's painted on 13 ct. canvas, and BOY, is that fun to stitch on after working on 18 ct and 24 ct all year long!! (I'm gonna look for more designs on 13 ct to add to my stash - that's an upcoming New Year's resolution.) I've stitched the reindeer in Very Velvet, just for fun... and I might just do the santas in Very Velvet, too.

And here's another oldie but goodie project:


(The blogsite insists on turning this photo on its side - I don't know why...sorry.)
This project is from an old, old cross-stitch pattern called "Winter 1890" which my Mom brought me from one of their trips back East many, many years ago. I've always loved this design, but decided to stitch it on 18 ct canvas instead of evenweave fabric. I chose the white with opal sparkles type of canvas, so the exposed canvas would look like snow. And it does. Here's a close-up (turned sideways!):

I'm enjoying stitching this is simple Tent Stitch - no fuss, no muss on this old project. It would really be nice to get it done this year, but I'm not going to worry about it.... just enjoy the process...

1 comment:

Dillon said...

Hello there, I know that this is a random question but my mother used to own this pattern but she has since passed away. I have been looking for this pattern for several years to no avail. Would you be able to photocopy the pattern for me? Again, I know that this is random but I thought that I would ask. Thank you - I hope that this message finds you well :)