Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh, My -- It's Christmas In July!


I'm celebrating the finish of a new Christmas Tree design that I've completed far in advance of the actual holiday (which is something I'm not usually very good at) and I thought I'd share it with you early -- hence my CHRISTMAS IN JULY celebration... Woo Hoo!!
And here it is, my new CHRISTMAS TREE 2011:


I got the inspiration for the colors on this tree from a photo in a christmas magazine that had a tree with red and gold and PURPLE ornaments. And I thought, "Wow, that's different... Wouldn't that be a fun color combination to try on a stitched tree?" So I played around with some fun, big, composite patterns and just went to town. I enjoyed each of the "patchwork" patterns in this tree. Here's a few up-close:


The big ol' Rhodes Stars are all stitched with soft metallic Ribbon Floss threads (although I also list Kreinik 1/16th Ribbons). And the variegated green thread that makes up the tree body is a lovely evergreen ThreadworX Overdyed #5 Pearl (51048). It's a nice BIG tree too (finished size is 11" x 12"). With BIG hanging ornaments, like those shown at the top of the post. And at the bottom of the tree is a row of "patchwork" packages to complete the scene:


I stitched my tree on a 16" x 16" piece of 18 ct. canvas in sandstone, but you could surely stitch it on any color canvas that tickles your holiday fancy!

So.... if you're in the mood to get some holiday stitching done early, please visit my website for more information on my CHRISTMAS TREE 2011.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely Christmas piece! I'm very tempted.

Nancy

Tatkis said...

Wow! Your Christmas tree is so beautiful, bright, cheerful!
Fantastic!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Irina said...

congratulations! The tree is really wonderful

Poppypatchwork said...

I love the colours and the sheen on this one

Joanie R. said...

If I were to try to fill in the background on this design...what stitch would you recommend??

Joanie R.

Kathy A. said...

That is absolutely stunning!!!!

Carol said...

Your tree is beautiful.

Beach Cottage Stitchers said...

Beautiful!