Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Another Ace in the Hole

While I think of it, I wanted to share another ACE OF DIAMONDS idea that Sue Rees sent to me a while ago.  Sue is the owner of Kelsey's Needle Krafts in Placerville, CA.  She sent me a photo (which unfortunately, I couldn't pull out of her email and show you) of a pillow she stitched using my ACE OF DIAMONDS pattern.  Essentially, she stitched everything but the center area, then added large stitched initials of her local school.  It sort of looked like this (only much, much better):


Sue stitched it in the school colors of blue and white and made it into a pillow.  She then donated her finished pillow to a local auction event that raises money for the school every year.  She says she enjoys stitching a donation item every year for the auction, and has used several of my designs for that purpose.

A very neat idea, huh?  I never would have thought of using this design in that manner, so "THANK YOU, SUE," for sharing your clever stitching idea!!

No comments: