Monday, September 16, 2013

Something Wicked This Way Comes...

HEADS UP, STITCHERS!
I finished a new design last week, and was able to get the patterns shipped out to my distributors on Friday -- which means I can share it with you now.  And I think you're really gonna love this one...

So, are you feeling a little BATTY?


Yearning for a bright smiling face?



Starting to crave some purple and orange??


Well then, this is the next canvaswork project for YOU:


It's my new HALLOWEEN BARGELLO design -- just in time for the upcoming Halloween season!

I've stitched this 10.5" x 10.5" piece on brown 18 ct. canvas, but you can also do it on the lighter sandstone color as well. (But I think the darker canvas really makes the oranges and purples POP!) 

I've stitched the model in the Purple & Orange version - which uses Watercolours 231 - "Ethiopia" - but I also give thread options for a Green & Orange version (if you prefer more traditional fall colors) that uses Watercolours 285 -"Sherwood Forest" and a handful of green threads instead of purple ones.  And it uses a bunch of different types of metallic threads, which you can't ever see in photos, but trust me, this piece shimmers with metallics, including the pumpkin face which is stitched with a black metallic ribbon with confetti flecks of gold/green/red, so it looks very happy and sparkly!

Go fly over to my website and check out the details on this new HALLOWEEN BARGELLO design.  You'll have a great time whipping up this fun four-way bargello design!

5 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love this design, the colours are so eye popping and great together.

zenuwpees said...

C'est magnifique felicitation bonne journee Marie-Claire

dixiesamplar said...

OH my...that is lovely, Laura!!

Tatkis said...

So cute! Perfect Halloween design!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Terri said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!