Thursday, October 20, 2016

October's Here


 The days are shorter, the nights are colder.... Leaves are falling, and it's time to put out the pumpkins!
As far as seasonal decorating goes, I like having autumn pieces around my house that can be enjoyed before and after the Halloween holiday, so I thought I'd share some of my favorite with you....

PUMPKIN HARVEST, which is a small piece (about 4" x 10") of plain ol' Tent Stitch done on 18 ct. brown canvas.  You also get to choose from several stitched sayings (Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, and  Celebrate the Bounty of the Season).  You can find this in my "Secret Garden Collection".



RUSTY O'TOOLE is basically a sampler piece with LOTS of different fall elements.  Besides stitching a happy scarecrow, you get to make pumpkins, Indian corn, sunflowers and crows!  You can find Rusty in the "Sampler Collection".



And then there's HARVEST MOON HOUSE, which I have hanging in my entryway, so I can see it coming and going around the house!  Love, love, love the bright spill of pumpkins that glow across this rustic cabin's porch.... You can find this piece in the "Secret Garden Collection" if you scroll down on the left sidebar.


And I can't forget the Sandra Gilmore painted canvas I stitched last year, and created a stitch guide for, called FALL SPLENDOR.   This is a BIG piece, and fortunately, I didn't have to stitch the whole background area - just the muted gold leaf pattern, while leaving the brown canvas unstitched.  And boy, am I glad I can hang it in my house and enjoy it now!


Anyway, I hope this has inspired you to get out stitched projects for fall decorations... and maybe try a new project or two.... HAPPY FALL STITCHING, EVERYONE!

No comments: